Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Ultimate Culture Clash

Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards

Yesterday, President Obama went to the Bulls vs. Wizards game. The typical working man, who just happens to be our president, visited the Verizon Center. Which makes me think, would Obama prefer a Verizon Center hot dog, or a big old salty pretzel? (I'm sure the kid has utterly NO idea who he is sitting next to.)


Personally, as a Washington Capitals hockey fan -- I'm
an advocate for the jalapeno nachos. But, that is only because jalapeno nachos and hockey hold the same sentiments for me. They're both spicy, can get a little bit heated, and always finish with a bang.

Differen
t sporting events call for different foods.

Soccer games make me think of juice boxes and orange slices, but that's because I was 5-years-old when I played soccer. At a professional soccer game I would assume that you would eat fries or something. I wouldn't know.

At a baseball game, its hands down a hot dog and a over-priced beer.


However, at a basketball game I think there's an even tie between hot dogs and soft pretzels.
Verizon Center has som
e of the juiciest hot dogs and the saltiest of pretzels. The two reign supreme when it comes to indulging in gluttony that is a sporting event.

While we know Obama's preference (Bulls over Wizards). Perhaps he'll demonstrate bipartisanship with the two fan favorite basketball treats?



photo credits: girlychimp, zachstern

No comments:

Post a Comment